Sentipharm - Pharmaceutical Industry
The growing business of Sentipharm, daughter of Schering Plough, needed a new European Distribution Centre able to triple the volume of shipping's.
SAPSTROOM has realized the functional design, the technical design and the implementation of the new warehouse. Special attention was given to the optimisation of put away and picking transactions by introducing interleaving, priority evolution and internal route optimisation. The distribution centre served as well the export as the detailed distribution in the Benelux. Combined with ambient and cooled storage and the inevitable returns there was a multitude of business processes.
Summary of achievements :
- The functional design for full pallet orders in- and outside the EU
- The functional design for box picking distribution to medical offices within the Benelux
- The replenishment and picking interfacing with a Pick-To-Light system.
- Use of HU management.
- The optimisation of truck movements through Task and Resource Management (SAP TRM).
- A paperless warehouse through RF communication.
- The functional design of a new warehouse with ambient and freezer parts. Design of process flows